Office Admin/Front Desk
We are looking for two positive, responsible individuals to join our administrative team. Our offices are located near UNCC in the University area and Carmel Commons area in South Charlotte. If you enjoy working with and helping people of all ages including those with learning challenges, special needs, attention problems, acquired brain injury, and autism, then our practice may be a terrific fit for you!
We are looking for an individual who has a strong passion for helping people, is detail-oriented with excellent communication skills, and has the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• greeting patients and families
• managing schedules
• answering phones
• making calls and sending out postcard reminders for upcoming appointments
• preparing reports
• collecting payments
• minor account auditing
• maintaining reception area
• scheduling school visits
• monitoring referral sources and community outreach
• assisting fellow staff as needed
• closing the office for the day
A qualified applicant MUST have:
• A love of working with and helping others
• Desire to support and work in a team environment
• Excellent phone skills
• Ability to multitask
• Attention to detail• Quick learner
• Ability to prioritize
• Ability to use office equipment including copier, scanner, fax, printer, and multi-line phones
• High level of listening, speaking, and writing ability
• Strong interpersonal skills with children and adults
• Strong organizational skills
• Aptitude for learning
• Strong work ethic
• Strong computer skills (including competency in Word and Excel)
• A high school diploma
Permanent Part Time
Monday thru Friday: 1:30 to 6:30 pm essential (some mornings needed dependent on patient care)
Approximately 25 hours/week
Pay starts at $10/hr, increases after training (based on experience)
Background Check will be conducted
Responses via Nextdoor / Craigslist will not be answered.
Vision Therapist - Part Time
We are looking for dependable, mature adults with experience helping others be successful to join our friendly and supportive team. Our clinic provides an opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of others.
Previous experience working with children is preferred, as is a college degree. But since this profession is very unique, extensive on-the-job training is provided, with topics including child development, optics, human physiology, neurology, and ocular anatomy.
We are hiring in two locations: our main office in the University area of Charlotte, and one person needed to work between our main office and our satellite office in South Charlotte.
The training period requires morning and afternoon availability on Monday and Wednesday from 9:30 am to 5:00, Tuesday and Thursday from 2:00-5:00 (Observation of therapy) and Friday morning from 9:30-1:00 for approximately 2-3 months. After initial training is completed, afternoon availability is a must, Monday through Friday, 2 pm to 6 pm. The regular work schedule will be approximately 20-25 hours a week, with the potential for more hours dependent on morning availability and patient need.
Due to the amount of training needed for this career we are looking for candidates with the intention of long-term employment.
The Developmental Vision Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.